Friday, April 10, 2009

Here is a contribution to this project from my friend Yang Jin (Daniel)
He is an amazing young man who I met at the rail road Station in Farmingdale.
He wanted to share this great show about the Chinese culture.
He is a beautiful sweet person,part of a group of 150 students from China .

The SUNY (The State University of New York) China 150 students were chosen after a careful review of academic performance and English language proficiency of over 2000 applicants - all done in two weeks. The participating students include 97 women and 53 men. Ten percent are minorities from the Zang (Tibet) and Qiang ethnic groups, which were severely affected by the Wenchuan earthquake. Many lost family members in the tragedy. The students, primarily sophomores and juniors, will spend the next two semesters as full-time students at SUNY campuses. In addition to their classes, SUNY China 150 will help to form this group as a connected network of future leaders, based on their common experiences in the United States. When they return to China these talented men and women have committed to rebuild the local infrastructure in the earthquake impacted region.

For more information about the program, please visit:

http://www.levin.suny.edu/sunychina150.cfm

Here are a links to the amazing 12 chapters sharing of their culture:








http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=FRCcZ9PcOiM&feature=related










3 comments:

  1. Alicia, how do I post something?

    Albert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I acknowledge I did not post yesterday as I said I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Albert, the way you do is like you did this comment, you send your contribution to me, I need to moderate the contribution before to publish it.

    ReplyDelete